Sedona, Arizona
100% full Not resolved

Update by user Nov 05, 2016

Update, a few weeks later:

I found the receipt - luckily PayPal keeps a flawless record from payments over years.My claim was accepted by a friendly representative.

I thought that things would be fine now - but wait, now different obstacles occurred. I sent in my phone, within two days I received parts of it back via FEDEX: cover, battery, SIM card. Not the phone. Not a word about the next steps.

When I inquired, I was told that the phone was unrepairable, I would receive an email within two days whether I receive a replacement or a check. Since two days later no further message is sent, I called in again.

I was told that I will be informed within three to five business days what will happen.

I have never experienced such bad communication and so many stalling tactics from a company!

Original review posted by user Oct 06, 2016

In April 2015, I bought a smartphone on Ebay with a two years Squaretrade warranty plan.

Related: Toys R Us - Don't purchase from square trade!

The camera got defective after one and a half years, so I file a claim. I had to contact them four times. Every time, the claim got stuck in their system, three times the claim was approved and I was promised a shipping label that did not arrive. I did not learn that my claim was denied each time, until I spoke with their complaint line.

Their website states that Ebay items do not need a receipt, still they insisted that I provide the receipt from Ebay. I am unable to after 18 months; but provided them with a screenshot of my transaction in my Ebay account though. Although all data in my account and on the screenshot match, Squaretrade denies my claim.

Reason: their policy changed 12 months ago requiring a receipt from Ebay.

Summary: Squaretrade does acknowledge their own policies.

Review about: Squaretrade Smartphone Protection Plan.

I didn't like: Way i was treated, Fraudulent practice.

Review #932079 is a subjective opinion of a user.

Usability
Style and Design
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Warranty issue / $200
Preferred solution Deliver product or service ordered

Had an Experience with Squaretrade?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.