In April 2015, I bought a smartphone on Ebay with a two years Squaretrade warranty plan.
The camera got defective after one and a half years, so I file a claim. I had to contact them four times. Every time, the claim got stuck in their system, three times the claim was approved and I was promised a shipping label that did not arrive. I did not learn that my claim was denied each time, until I spoke with their complaint line.
Their website states that Ebay items do not need a receipt, still they insisted that I provide the receipt from Ebay. I am unable to after 18 months; but provided them with a screenshot of my transaction in my Ebay account though. Although all data in my account and on the screenshot match, Squaretrade denies my claim.
Reason: their policy changed 12 months ago requiring a receipt from Ebay.
Summary: Squaretrade does acknowledge their own policies.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Way i was treated
- Fraudulent practice
You May Also Like
- " Bait & Switch / False advertising  A "Dangle-the-carrot" ploy On September 4, 2013, ordered a Garmin nuvi 1490LMT 5-Inch Portable GPS from Advantage Computer Services; Manassas, Va. via Amazon.com.  When..."
- "My Kobo has lines running across the screen. I had the device for a month before it happened. I carry my Kobo in my bag at all times (I am..."
- "Client experience and many other ones here has nothing to do with the Control4 hardware. Nowadays, the gear is bulletproof. The user experience has to do with many..."
- "We made a reservation for two weeks because we were in transition from our apartment when the lease was up, until we go to germany due to a PCS. We..."
- "The Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort, Sedona, Arizona (USA) advertises Wheelchair Accessible Handicap Rooms on their website, and on location, displaying the International Symbol of Access (ISA), the International Commission..."
- "WE NEEDED TO FILE A BBB COMPLAINT AGAINST CENTURY LINK. Century link trusted this statement way too, too much irrationally: “CENTURY LINK MAY CHANGE, CANCEL OR SUBSTITUTE OFFERS AND SERVICES,..."
- "Wow, this site is breaking all the rules that exist to protect our privacy. 2 listings were available for my name, as I have lived in two different townships. One..."
- "I was denied service cause the cashier/manager said I was Hispanic. And I have it recorded mind you he was an Hindu decent. I still shocked of his remarks and..."
- "SO… YOU ARE LOAY TAWEEL IN MIAMI AND ABU AZMI IN CHICAGO… looks like a *** artist. Sunday, October 23 afternoon I received many messages by Whatsapp from Loay..."