Squaretrade - Does not acknowlege their own policies!
Update added by user Nov 05, 2016
Update, a few weeks later:
I found the receipt - luckily PayPal keeps a flawless record from payments over years.My claim was accepted by a friendly representative.
I thought that things would be fine now - but wait, now different obstacles occurred. I sent in my phone, within two days I received parts of it back via FEDEX: cover, battery, SIM card. Not the phone. Not a word about the next steps.
When I inquired, I was told that the phone was unrepairable, I would receive an email within two days whether I receive a replacement or a check. Since two days later no further message is sent, I called in again.
I was told that I will be informed within three to five business days what will happen.
I have never experienced such bad communication and so many stalling tactics from a company!
Original review posted by user Oct 06, 2016
In April 2015, I bought a smartphone on Ebay with a two years Squaretrade warranty plan.
The camera got defective after one and a half years, so I file a claim. I had to contact them four times. Every time, the claim got stuck in their system, three times the claim was approved and I was promised a shipping label that did not arrive. I did not learn that my claim was denied each time, until I spoke with their complaint line.
Their website states that Ebay items do not need a receipt, still they insisted that I provide the receipt from Ebay. I am unable to after 18 months; but provided them with a screenshot of my transaction in my Ebay account though. Although all data in my account and on the screenshot match, Squaretrade denies my claim.
Reason: their policy changed 12 months ago requiring a receipt from Ebay.
Summary: Squaretrade does acknowledge their own policies.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Way i was treated
- Fraudulent practice
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "In April 2015, I bought a smartphone on Ebay with a two years Squaretrade warranty plan. The camera got defective after one and a half years, so I file a claim...."
- "Bought Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Ebay for $423. The logo pop up to add the warranty but had to wait a few days to get the fund. Two days..."
- "Lazada and their supplier My Shop Marketing sent me a fake Sony mdr xb400. Headphones. Clearly fake because even the box packaging is different when I look at an original..."
- "A few months ago I purchased Highster Mobile Cell Phone Spy software for 69 dollars. The site at http://highstermobile.com did not indicate anything about purchasing a monthly subscription so I..."
- "The alt-katolische Spitalkirche is one of the oldest Christian churches in Baden-Baden. It was first mentioned on the Spital legal instruments on March 1351. It was not far from the..."
- "Since FIFA 15 Coins are not real currency, they have to be purchased online. Due to its virtual utility, it cannot be earned like the real currency. There are several..."
- "The Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort, Sedona, Arizona (USA) advertises Wheelchair Accessible Handicap Rooms on their website, and on location, displaying the International Symbol of Access (ISA), the International Commission..."
- "I took a flat tire for repair to the Big O Tire franchise in Sedona, Arizona on Oct. 15, 2014. I was instructed to park my F-250 Ford truck at..."
- "WE NEEDED TO FILE A BBB COMPLAINT AGAINST CENTURY LINK. Century link trusted this statement way too, too much irrationally: “CENTURY LINK MAY CHANGE, CANCEL OR SUBSTITUTE OFFERS AND SERVICES,..."