Squaretrade - Does not acknowlege their own policies!
Update added by user Nov 05
Update, a few weeks later:
I found the receipt - luckily PayPal keeps a flawless record from payments over years.My claim was accepted by a friendly representative.
I thought that things would be fine now - but wait, now different obstacles occurred. I sent in my phone, within two days I received parts of it back via FEDEX: cover, battery, SIM card. Not the phone. Not a word about the next steps.
When I inquired, I was told that the phone was unrepairable, I would receive an email within two days whether I receive a replacement or a check. Since two days later no further message is sent, I called in again.
I was told that I will be informed within three to five business days what will happen.
I have never experienced such bad communication and so many stalling tactics from a company!
Original review posted by user Oct 06
In April 2015, I bought a smartphone on Ebay with a two years Squaretrade warranty plan.
The camera got defective after one and a half years, so I file a claim. I had to contact them four times. Every time, the claim got stuck in their system, three times the claim was approved and I was promised a shipping label that did not arrive. I did not learn that my claim was denied each time, until I spoke with their complaint line.
Their website states that Ebay items do not need a receipt, still they insisted that I provide the receipt from Ebay. I am unable to after 18 months; but provided them with a screenshot of my transaction in my Ebay account though. Although all data in my account and on the screenshot match, Squaretrade denies my claim.
Reason: their policy changed 12 months ago requiring a receipt from Ebay.
Summary: Squaretrade does acknowledge their own policies.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Way i was treated
- Fraudulent practice
You May Also Like
- "I purchased my television in 2012 and I read in the Consumer Reports magazine that one should always takeout the extended warranty insurance for electronics, because the electronics today are..."
- "I purchased an antenna from www.antennadeals.com. I have yet to receive my antenna or a refund, which I have requested. I have emailed them quite a few times, with only..."
- "I ordered the 3.0 VGA to USB so that I can use double screens on my all-in-one HP desktop and after I installed the software sent with the vga to..."
- "We made a reservation for two weeks because we were in transition from our apartment when the lease was up, until we go to germany due to a PCS. We..."
- "WE NEEDED TO FILE A BBB COMPLAINT AGAINST CENTURY LINK. Century link trusted this statement way too, too much irrationally: “CENTURY LINK MAY CHANGE, CANCEL OR SUBSTITUTE OFFERS AND SERVICES,..."
- "The Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort, Sedona, Arizona (USA) advertises Wheelchair Accessible Handicap Rooms on their website, and on location, displaying the International Symbol of Access (ISA), the International Commission..."
- "I buy clothes at anthropology frequently because the their store in the Yorkville, Toronto is close to my office. Yesterday, I tried a sweater in the fitting room, I asked..."
- "I'm a 64 year old male, fit and healthy, with no history of allergies. I purchased a standard size Mypillow and received it mid October, 2016. It worked as advertised..."
- "Hi i placed a order at 6:00pm today on December 2nd and the rep told me it will be about 20-30 minute wait for my order,i went to Dominos pizza..."