1.2

I'll just repost the exchange I had with the BBB...

BBB

me - Bought the insurance from them on a Galaxy S4 phone that I purchased from Ebay. They insured the phone knowing it was from ebay. Had the phone for app. 18 months. It was in my pocket. It got hot, really hot, when I pulled it out, it was dead. Sent it in for repair on August 24 2016. Never heard a word from them. Today I finally got ahold of someone there, and they are trying to tell me that there is water damage near the sim card slot, and that the non-stock battery was swollen. Well.. they knew the phone came from ebay. And the water damage is total BULL. I told them I wanted the phone back so I could see where this alleged water damage is and get pictures.

sqtrade - We are sorry for any issues the consumer had with their device.

The consumer purchased a cell phone with a standard protection plan. Our standard protection plans cover against electrical and mechanical failures. They do not protect against any type of issues resulting from accidental damage from handling.

When the consumers device arrived at our repair facility it failed the item audit, due to the water damage indicators showing liquid had been present. Also it was noted the consumer's battery was also swollen. The consumers device has been returned.

me - I am rejecting this response because:

AS I have the phone in my possession, I can supply pictures to prove there is/was absolutely NO water damage of ANY kind. A swollen battery? has absolutely nothing to do with it.

I have supplied a picture showing the imie to show it is mine, and ABSOLUTLY no water damage. I also supply the email from them.

sqtrade - We are sorry for any issues the consumer had with their device.

The Samsung Galaxy S4 device has several water intrusion sensors placed throughout the phone that turn colors when exposed to liquid. Upon inspection at our repair center the water intrusion indicators showed the device has had liquid damage.

Since the consumers warranty coverage does not offer accidental damage from handling protection we will not be able to provide service to their device.

me - OK, they have sent a picture which looks just like mine... I took the picture they sent you and added the circles and arrows to show where the water sensors are.

Galaxy s4 water indicator stickers are in two locations that we can see without disassembling the phone. The sticker will be blood red for water damage.

As you can clearly see, the indicators are NOT red. Showing absolutely NO water intrusion.

Square Trade can not repair my phone and is trying to get out of the contract any way they can.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of squaretrade protection plan from Squaretrade. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $250 and wants Squaretrade to have the product delivered.

The most disappointing in user's experience was scam. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Squaretrade for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Squaretrade?

Comments

CarlReich
Orange Park, Florida, United States #1252389

They are ridiculous. Do NOT buy their warranty.