Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I was having issues with my TCL Smart TV.I contacted TCL and they told me that it was a known defect but that my TV was out of warranty (by a couple of months). I had given up hope until I remembered I bought the Squaretrade extended warranty.

I thought I was saved! I called them and at first they were very kind and professional. Then they kept asking for more and more information, I gave them everything they asked for I was told that "everything seemed to be in order" but that I would have to wait for a phone call from their "Specialist" (or something like that). Well, I waited for days and the call never came.

I waited a week then called them back. I again got friendly helpful people who made me feel like everything would be ok, until they transferred me to their "Specialist". He told me that he reviewed the pictures I sent and that the tv seemed to be "damaged" and asked me how that happened. I immediately got upset because I knew his "Specialty" was turning down claims.

I got Extremely upset at this point because This tv was in perfect condition besides the Manufacturing Defect. I told him I wanted to talk with his supervisor and after a long hold and being hung up on twice, I finally reached a supervisor who told me in these exact words "we do not cover Manufacturing defects" ????? What do you cover? I asked.

He informed me that he was sorry but that his decision was final and that they were not going to honor the warranty.

I have since found that they have done this to Many, Many people. So in the end the company I thought would be my savior turned out to be a dishonest company who take money on false pretenses and do not honor their contracts.

Product or Service Mentioned: Squaretrade Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I liked: How friendly they seemed.

I didn't like: Fact that they do not honor their warranty.

Comments