I purchased a $200 service contract on a $2,000 Sony camera for 3 years.At about 2.6 years and about 2.5 weeks before I was leaving the country, the camera needed repair.

I was promised repairs within 2- 5 business days. It was sent back and then 4 business days later they emailed me that they do not repair Sony cameras like this and it would have to be sent to Sony for them to repair it. And they had no idea when it would be back! I would be leaving the country for 3 months and would not have my camera because they had no idea how long it would take.

My 3 year warranty expires on March 20 and I return April 3. They would not extend it for 2 weeks so that I could return the camera. They never should have sold service agreements for products they cannot fix in a reasonable time period.

They were very stern and inflexible and offered no solutions that would work.I do NOT recommend their services if you have anything that has a higher value that you cannot wait a month to get fixed.

This person wrote the review because of not as described of squaretrade camera warranty from Squaretrade. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $2000 and wants Squaretrade to have the product delivered.

The most disappointing in user's experience was run around deception false promises, deceptive practice, fraudulent practice and way i was treated. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Squaretrade for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Squaretrade?

Comments