5.0

I purchased an Epson computer printer and purchased a warranty from Square Trade. My computer died-inconsistent print quality and no amount of head cleaning cured the problem.

Most pages were unreadable. I filed a claim online not more than 9 days ago and received my check for the price I paid for the printer today! Within 24 hours of filing the claim I got an email telling me the claim was being reviewed. Then I was told the the item was too large to box up and send to them, but my claim was approved.

I just had to fill out and electronically sign the affidavit attached the the email stating I was telling the truth. Following that I received another email telling me the check had been cut and would be delivered, confirming my address, within 5 business days. That was on May 15th. I did call today to verify it was actually in the mail (I have trust issues over other purchases and/or refund problems) and was assured that it was.

The envelope was in my mail cluster box as we spoke-and when my husband picked it up and put it in my lap I was thrilled. This was such a straightforward transaction and it went smoothly. Key here: read your contract, don't expect coverage for something that isn't in the contract, don't try to fib to get a settlement, and always be courteous to the employees. Nobody on the phone deserves to be yelled at or berated-no matter what.

I worked in public service my entire working life-so I speak from experience. Honesty and civility are a must. I stressed out because I had read so many horrible reviews-so I had to add my positive experience to what is out there on the net. My guess is that the folks with complaints had issues to begin with-maybe as noted above.

I also learned something with my phone call today. If you buy your warranty through the store where you buy the product (ie: for me it was Staples) your contract will be cheaper than if you buy it direct, however; when you settle you will get a gift card for that store.

Since our Staples store closed and the nearest one is 50 miles away-it was worth it, in hindsight, to have paid the extra. My new printer is from Sam's Club and the price of the Square Trade Warranty is $10 cheaper if I get it at the club-but we shop there all the time and a gift card would be great should the occasion ever arise again.

Review about: Squaretrade Claim.

Reason of review: Reliable warranty.

Comments