This plan is a TOTAL joke.We purchased this plan for 2 Edgestar Clear Ice Makers from Compact Appliances.

We purchased the icemakers in February 2016 and did not install the first one until August 2016 and the second one until November 2016. So they were boxed until those dates. On 4/16/16 I purchased two protection plans for the icemakers. In September 2016, the motor went out on the icemaker installed in August.

Because it was still under the manufacturers warranty (1 year) it was covered by manufacturer and I did not need to use square trade. Motor replaced. Just this week (3/15/17) the same icemaker (remember only began using in 8/2016 so technically 7 months old with motor already replaced once) began spewing gallons of water out of the front of the machine and into our brand new offices. We are a small non profit working with children in foster care.

Bottom line, this terrible protection plan is denying us because we purchased the plan more than a month after getting the product. There is NOTHING in their contract that stipulates you must purchase this plan within 30 days of purchasing the product. Apparently, there is some blurb that "pops up" when you buy the product you are warranting at the time of product purchase on Amazon. I never saw this "blurb" and find this practice to be very, very deceitful.

So, we are stuck with a broken $800 icemaker that has been used less than 8 months and another that has been in use for 4 months (so far no issues on this one) and we have no warranties. Square Trade had no problem taking our money for the warranty. But they will not stand by their product.

I will NEVER buy from SQUARE TRADE again.And again, the SQUARE TRADE CONTRACT has nothing in it that stipulates there is a 30 day window to purchase the warranty.

Review about: Squaretrade Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Warranty.