2.7

I live in Arizona.I bought a SquareTrade plan direct from their website for a laptop I purchased from American National Insurance Company’s Home Office that supplies the laptops we use in the field offices preloaded with Insurance Software.

The computer was brand new and was registered the first time by me and fully warranted by Lenovo. I bought it in April 2015 and filed the receipt with SquareTrade the same month and it was accepted by SquareTrade, filed on their website, and a confirmation email was sent to me saying they accepted the receipt and I was protected and good to go. Right Christmas 2016 I spilled coffee on my laptop and the G & H Buttons plus the Number Keypad stopped working. I filed a claim with SquareTrade Three days later I received an email from them that after reviewing my receipt, they decided my purchase didn’t meet what they considered “New” because it was purchased from a company, not a retail store, and that they were cancelling my warranty and refunding the purchase price of the warranty $129 instead of fixing the $700 laptop.

I called Customer Service and they said they would have someone call me back within two days. After not hearing from them for 4-days I just called and was told. They (India Customer Service) made their decision and have cancelled my warranty and won’t fix my laptop. He further told me that no one reviews the receipts until it is time to fix them and then they decide if the receipt is good enough.

I explained to him that what they are selling is Insurance.

With Insurance, if they accept the money without returning it and Informing within a timely period, they have accepted the contract no matter the defects since they did not act.I guess looking into a Class Action Lawsuit altogether against SquareTrade is worthwhile.

Review about: Squaretrade Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Refund addition purchase price of laptop minus warranty $457.

I liked: Them before i had to file a claim.

I didn't like: Would not honor their warranty with me.

Comments

Los Angeles, California, United States #1335941

I'm filing a complaint with the BBB, Federal Trade Commission and state Attorney General.Keep filing complaints on-line.

It will cost them customers.

Enough complaints regulatory agencies will begin to take notice and open a case against them.

I will likely take them to court.

IF you have a contract they can not unilaterally cancel the contract just to avoid pay out. Keep all your e-mails and notes.

Take them to court.They can't afford to respond to all lawsuits.