1.5
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I purchased a dell laptop and a 3 year warranty from Costco.loved the laptop until it stopped charging.

Also my son dropped it and cracked the corner of the screen but it was on in the corner and did not affect any of the viewing part of the screen. so I send in my laptop to SquareTrade and wait the 10 days it takes to get back. Super excited I get it out to use it. Nice new screen, yay.

After about five minutes it gets really really hot. Call customer service it tells me that it is supposed to be hot. I say no way, its never been that warm. has me download an app that tells you the internal temp of computer and it was too high.

Also I notice that they have replaced the keyboard. not sure why but the new one is damaged. So they say they will send me a box. I get a box 3 days later that is too damaged to be able to use.

call them they say they will send another box, not to use the damaged box. So after almost two weeks of me calling and saying still no box and them telling me that they are sending another one the CSA said that I could use any box and she would email a label. WTF, why didn't they tell me that earlier. So I send it in wait 10 days get it back and seems to be working fine.

then screen peals off I try to push it back on after a couple of days screen goes black. Send it back in wait ten days. I take it out of the box and the screen is coming off from the top. push it together and now it is coming off at the bottom of the screen.

This is the second screen and I am losing my mind. They have to fix the same problem three times before they will replace the computer. I don't actually want a new one I just want mine to work properly. I would have rather had the cracked screen than this.

I have gotten the run around every time I have talked to their agents. I have been given bad information on at least half of the phone calls that I have had to make to them. I would never ever buy this protection again.

sure they fix it, but not well and the time that it takes is absolutely ridiculous.My husband thinks that they just give you so much trouble that you finally give up.

Review about: Squaretrade Laptop Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: replace my computer with a new one and not the crappy repair work they have completed.

I didn't like: Never replaced or repaired as agreed.

Had an Experience with Squaretrade?

Comments