2.0
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I got the run around from this company. Extremely upset with this company and their company policy's.

Purchase this warranty because it allowed me to get my phone fixed if I ever broke the screen which is usually what ends up happening with my phone also because the insurance that I had currently was a secondary insurance that I purchased through Verizon not realizing that it was not an actual Verizon insurance, assurance. I explained this to the lady that I purchased the Insurance from through Square trade she said that it would not be a problem. I provide them with all the necessary proof that I had insurance before then filed a claim and was told that I was not covered because it was a secondary insurance I had had previously . I of course was very upset.

the person I was speaking to said that he would put it up to his manager and that they would call me back within 48 hours they did not and I had to call them once again . Up to four different representatives because I was disconnected three different times. This process took about a little bit less than a month and during that time my phone was once again broken. I had to wait to file another claim until the first one was settled.

The first one was finally settled and I got my reimbursement and I asked the guy that I was speaking to at the time if it would be a problem later on when I tried to file the claim for the Screen on my phone I had already gotten fixed at the Apple Genius Bar. He said it would not be an issue. I then tried to file the claim and they told me because I had gotten the phone fixed before prior approval that they would not reimburse me. I then told him that nowhere in their warranty contract did it state that I had to get prior approval or they would not reimburse me .

The manager that I spoke with told me that it was their company policy and that there was nothing he could do . I told him that on their website it even says need it fixed now take it to it Genius Bar and get it fixed and we will reimburse you. No where on the website does it say that you need to get prior approval before you get ur phone fixed to get reimbursed .

I am extremely upset with Square trade according to the warranty contracts I should be reimbursed. This company is very misleading and all about denying any claim anyway they can.

Product or Service Mentioned: Squaretrade Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments