2.1
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I am on my 3rd Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0. I have purchased the Square Trade warranty for all 3.The first 2 were bought from Walmart. This last time (November, 2015), Walmart was out of stock, so I bought my new one from Amazon because they gad rgem AND offered the Square Trade warranty.

I am disabled & housebound. I use my tablet constantly...mostly for reading, although I do surf the web, too. Needless to say, they break or die more often with the amount of use I put them through, although, Samsung makes a good product. When both units I bought at Walmart went bad, Square Trade was great. I had to file a claim on line. I was emailed a return label & sent the defective tablets back. Once they were received, because I paid less than $150 for the tablets, I was issued an e-gift card so that I could purchase another as I was told that at that price, they were not worth repairing. The whole process took 3-4 days...tops, depending on how long it took me to send the broken one back.

I assumed this would be the case with,the one purchased from Amazon. Not so. I had to call to file a claim because their site was perpetually down & would not accept my claim. My call went to what sounded like an off-shore call center. It was obvious the rep, who had what soubded like a very heavy Indian accent, was reading a from a script. I explained that the charging port was bad, that the metal blade that fit into the plug on the cable was bent. He asked twice after that if there was any other issues like the charging port. After I finally got him to understand the port WAS the problem, I was told I would be emailed a return label & the item would be shipped back & repaired, which could take 5 days after receipt...longer if thet had to order parts, plus return shipping time. I explained that the last 2 times, I sent the item back & was given a giftcard to buy a replacement as it wasn't worth fixing because the tablet retailed for less than $150. He told me that Square Trade has never automatically did that (are there perhaps TWO Square Trades?? Did I just imagine this the 2 other times??) He further explained that they MIGHT just issue a gift card if they deemed the tablet wasn't repairable, otherwise it would be repaired, which could take 5 days or more if the parts were not in stock & had to be ordered.

I explained to him that I was disabled and a shut in & used that tablet mainly to read, which is my primary source of entertainment & that I just couldn't go without it for 2 weeks. He said too bad, there was nothing to be done & if there wasn't anything else he could do, have a nice day.

I don't know if Square Trade has cheapened up their service (although having read the 50 other complaints here, I am beginning to think so) or if Walmart customers get better service than Amazon customers do. Either way, because I can't read easily without my tablet & I have e-books checked out from my library that are on a timed borrowing period...if I dont read them before their due date, they go away. The one I am currently reading has a 4 month waiting list. My tablet broke the morning of 6/7. I called that day after several frustrating hours of NOT filing a claim on their broken website. I had to get someone to send it back for me on 6/8. My tablet was received today, 6/10. I just received an email informing me my claim was approved & my tablet was going to be repaired, which would take 5 days, plus return shipping. Longer if the parts weren't in stock. Had I known the procedure was different than the last 2 claims I had, I would not have bought the warranty to begin with. Since I can't go a week without it, I had to go onto Amazon & buy another one to use in the meantime. I did NOT purchase the extended warranty for it, however.

So now, I've paid for a warranty that takes more than twice the time it used to on the exact same item. I don't have my tablet, PLUS I'm out the additional cost of a replacement AND next day shipping. All in all, NOT a good value in my opinion. My next tablet will NOT have a Square Trade warranty. Instead, I'll set aside the money I WOULD have spent on the extended warranty & put it towards a replacement tablet since that's what I ended up having to do anyway.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with service i received in the past and stated that there is a room for improvement of service i received this time and being deceived. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss warranty issue of squaretrade protection plan. Squaretrade needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned squaretrade protection plan in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Squaretrade.

Comments