1.3
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I have used SquareTrade for years; at least once they replaced an item quickly with no hassle. (This was 6 years ago.) I was expecting the same service when I needed to redeem my laptop's warranty this year.

Turns out they have changed EVERYTHING. No more actual speaking to a human representative on the phone without endless prompts; no more simple redemption of services; no more representatives who know what is going on and will do what the company promised. Turns out they've been bought by Allstate and replaced their excellent, simple, fast service with the frustrating policies and runaround that are industry standard in insurance companies.

When my computer broke, they said it would take a week and a half to fix. After I shipped it to them they gave me a two-and-a-half week time frame. Every phone call was funneled through their counterintuitive system that repeats the menu instead of getting an actual human when you press "0." They would promise to contact me in 24 hours and then I would not hear from them. At the time of this writing they have pushed out the date of my computer being ready for five more days, and the people who answer my calls can tell me little more than that they are still waiting for parts. (As the laptop was liquid damaged, I am not convinced it can be fixed with said parts, but I am withholding judgment on this aspect for now.)

I will NEVER NEVER NEVER buy another SquareTrade warranty. They used to be amazing and have now gone where all companies with wonderful service go when they die. Thanks Allstate.

Review about: Squaretrade Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Delays in service, False guarantees, Counterintuitive phone system.

Comments