1.7
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

My Computer was recently sent out for a repair at the end of november. I had filed two claims-- one about a battery, logic board, display issue on my MacBook Pro Retina 15' laptop.

A couple weeks after filing the claim, liquid spilled into my computer. I shut it off and sent it to square trade after having filed a second claim with a representative on the phone, still emphasizing the previous issues. I received it back in the second week of December. Upon opening the computer, I immediately realized the computer's left side of the track pad was not functioning and the display was not fixed.

I was on my way to work, called a customer representative and filed a new claim. The same rep got authorization to refund the cost I had spent on my warranty, as a courtesy to the issue on my behalf. Yesterday, I started up my computer and soon realized that there were more issues than I had realized. There was physical damage present on the enclosure of my laptop-- dents that weren't there previously and deep scratches.

The fans immediately began to run hard. The backlight of my laptop only lit on the top two rows. All of my information miraculously still appeared on my computer-- as if nothing has been touched. Very odd for a computer that was supposedly serviced for liquid damage.

I called a customer service representative again, angrily, who told me they were unable to do anything until today, a Monday, and to call back to speak to a supervisor. I never was able to speak to a supervisor. I called today on Monday, and spoke to a woman. I explained my issues and received pushback because a claim was already filled on Saturday.

She told me I would have to resend my computer, and see what happens. She told me however, that because the warranty amount was going to refunded to me, my computer would be outside it's eligibility for service, something the other representative WHO FILED MY CLAIM said nothing about. I immediately had to tell her to halt the refund so that I could have a potentially working computer again. The entire system is a piece of ***.

I got my computer back in a worse condition than I received it, and now all i'm getting the run around. The last thing that I want is to deal with this company again, and to have a back and forth between repairs. The amount of inconsistency is ridiculous, and it's terrible to have to spend so much time getting the runaround from various customer service reps.

And I have no idea why they don't give you a summary about what was done during the repair process. Terrible experience, avoid at all costs.

Product or Service Mentioned: Squaretrade Laptop Warranty.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 18, 2017.

Comments