5.0
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Fraudulent Business Practices!I bought an iphone from Consumer Cellular.

It was defective and was replaced with a new iPhone by Apple within the first 60 days. At this point I bought a replacement policy from SquareTrade. I explained everything to them, sending them all the documentation from Consumer Cellular and Apple. I received a copy of my policy and confirmation that SquareTrade had all the documents needed.

A year later I broke my phone screen and contacted SquareTrade. They will not honor my policy, "because I did not buy it from Consumer Cellular". I bought it directly from them, THEY sold it to me! Why was I not told at the point of sale, that they would not honor this contract?

I can only assume that they thought there would never be a claim. And they knew if I ever did file a claim they would deny it.

This is Fraud!Avoid this company at all costs!

This person wrote the review because of warranty issue of squaretrade protection plan from Squaretrade. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $550 and wants Squaretrade to have the product delivered.

The most disappointing in user's experience was have not taken responsibilty for covered phone and would not honor my policy. Author liked the most went over and above to resolve my problem. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Squaretrade for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Squaretrade?

Comments

Update!I was contacted by SquareTrade and they reviewed my warrantee and sent me out a replacement phone right away.

I received it yesterday. It's even a nicer phone than the one they were to replace!

The SquareTrade Team went over and above to resolve my issue!I would recommend them to anyone!

Hi,

We are really sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. I'd like to see if I can help turn this around. Please send an email to socialhelps@squaretrade.com Include "Help from pissedconsumer" in the subject line, your contact information & concerns in the body of the email".^BF